|1BN Kids: Flowered Ponytail, Braided Bun, and OT Eco-Friendly Bowls|
Happy Saturday, my blessed naturals!
I hope you all are enjoying your day. Big Sister and Little Sister Natural (my nieces) are rocking some super cute natural hairstyles this week! They include a flowered ponytail and braided buns. The girls were excited about getting their pictures taken for this article. Big Sister Natural said, "We're taking pictures for 1BlessedNatural [blog]?" Here are the styling steps their mom took for the girls' hairstyles.
|1BlessedNatural: front view of Big Sister Natural's flowered ponytail|
Big Sister Natural's Hair1. blow dried
2. flat iron
3. put in a ponytail using a hot pink flower scrunchie
|1BlessedNatural: side view of Big Sister Natural's flowered ponytail|
|1BlessedNaural: back view of Big Sister Natural's flowered ponytail|
|1BlessedNatural: aerial view of Little Sister Natural's braided buns|
Little Sister Natural's Hair
1. blow dried
2. parted into a V-shaped part in the bang area. The back was parted into 4 big sections.
3. Each section was secured with a rubber band.
4. Each section was braided.
5. The ends of each braid was secured with another rubber band.
6. Each braid was wrapped around itself to create a bun.7. Rubber bands were used to secure the buns. You can also use hair pins or bobby pins, but you have to make sure the pins are not hitting the scalp.
|1BlessedNatural: the front of Big Sister Natural's braided bun style|
|1BlessedNatural: back view of Little Sister Natural's braided buns|
Cute and Eco-friendly Bowls
This is totally off topic from hair lol: Last weekend, my sister visited Kroger and bought some cute and Eco-friendly plastic plates and utensils for the girls by a company called Re-Play. I love the fact that they are made out of recycled milk jugs. They are also BPA free. BPA stands for bisphenol. It is used in many products like plastic and can seep into food. The chemical can cause unwanted side-effects, especially in children. My sister bought a pack of 3 plates for under $6.00. The package of utensils included 4 knives and 4 forks (toddler size) for under $5.00. Inexpensive and Eco-Friendly! You can't beat that!
What natural hairstyles are your little ones wearing this weekend? #naturalhairblog
Related Articles: 1BN Kids: Braided Bun and Bohemian Styles