|Photo credit: quinn.anya via VisualHunt.com / CC BY-SA|
1. Talk about it. : It is important that you and your guy have a talk about staying abstinent until you walk down the aisle. You might have to have more than one talk, and that is okay. Ladies, explain to him why it is important to you. If you plan on waiting until marriage, be sure to explain this fully so that he understands where you are coming from. Also, do not be afraid to quote the Bible either. Here are some verses you can read together:
- Hebrews 13:4 says, Let marriage be held in honor by all, and the bed undefiled: but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
- 1 Corinthians 7:2 says, Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
- 1 Corinthians 6:18 says, Flee fornication. Every sin that a man does is without the body; but he that commits fornication sins against his own body.
4. PRAY. : Practicing abstinence is not an easy thing, but it is not impossible. Pray with and for your guy, and he should also do the same for you. Matthew 19:26 reminds us by saying, "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this impossible, but with God all things are possible." Plus, Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me".
Lastly, remember that waiting until marriage will not always be easy, but you can do it.
Are you or someone you know practicing abstinence until marriage?
Related Articles: Finding "Mr. Right" in College
Let God, Be God in Your Life
Post a Comment
I hope you've enjoyed reading my post :-) I would love to hear from you... Let me know what you thought :-)