|1BlssedNatural: My Winter Natural Hair Regimen for 2016
Hey my blessed naturals!
I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day! For love day, I wore my hair in a stretched 'fro with a bang. During the week, I pretty much wear my hair in a bun or puff with flat twists in the front. The weekends is when I let my 'fro be free lol. I still use all the same products for the most part. Here is a list of my natural hair products and regimen:
1. 100% Coconut Oil - applied 3 or 4 times a week
2. Aunt Jackie's Detangler - once a week after washing
3. Cantu Creamy Hair Lotion - applied 2-3 times a week*
4. ACV rinse every week to treat my seborrheic dermatitis
5. Shampoo: Since I ran out of the Aunt Jackie's "Oh So Clean" shampoo, I just use whatever I have available until it runs out. I'm now using the Alvalon Organics Strengthening Peppermint shampoo.
6. Conditioner: Suave Shea Butter and Almond - I love this conditioner because it's cheap, and it works!
*I live in the south where it is in the 50's-70's around this time. If you live in colder areas, you may have to apply your moisturizer more often. I use the LCO method meaning I apply my liquid (water), cream (moisturizer and/or detangler) and oil (coconut oil)
Tools: wide tooth comb for detangling
heating cap for conditioning
I band my hair every wash day (once a week). It's just better to keep my hair stretched to avoid tangles and single-strand knots.
|1BlessedNatural: This was my hair banded back in 2014
I sleep with a satin bonnet or scarf on my hair to prevent breakage. I used to just sleep with a satin pillow case, but I still experienced some breakage around the nape area. That was because my comforter would tug at my strands. Since I've been using just the bonnet or scarf, I've seen little to no breakage! Thank God!
What is your natural hair regimen for the winter?
Related Articles: Using Fabric Bands to Stretch Natural Hair
Natural Hair Update: Coconut Oil Mostly
ACV/Tea Tree Oil Rinse to Treat Seborrheic Dermatitis